Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wishcasting Wednesday: How do you wish to grow?



Jamie's prompt today is "How Do You Wish To Grow?"  I've thought about that off and on all day.  My first sarcastic little comment was 'actually, I need to SHRINK' but after that moment passed, I thought 'actually I DO need to shrink'.  Shrink my doubts, shrink my fears, grow my confidence and grow as an artist.  If I fill my life with those positive paths, there will be no need for me to overfill myself with food and continue building that proverbial protective shell. 
I've done a lot of shrinking already... finishing up commitments I took on to procrastinate with my artistic work.  Self-made barriers set up so I wouldn't fail... or succeed... bc I'd so sidetracked I couldn't even begin. 
So my wish is to grow true to myself, following the happy thoughts that pop into my head saying 'wouldn't it be cool if you did this?'   Yeah, that's how I wish to grow.

7 comments:

  1. I agree, it's not so much a growth that ends with us getting bigger, but rather a melting away of all the guck that weighs us down, so we can move the way we were meant to move. As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good wish. I'm also a procrastinator with my writing, so can relate perfectly. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly how I have been feeling... As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great wish for yourself to grow true to yourself. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I identify with the need to shrink and actually thought the same thing when I read the question! For me it's a physical thing - I really need to lose weight.

    As Diana wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I so get the procrastination! Wonderful wishes here...and as you have wished them, I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete